RACHAEL E SULLIVAN
Visual Designer • Boston, MA • Email
More than ten years working as a Graphic Designer with a passion for clean, fresh and interesting design. Continuously showcases strong creativity, meticulous design prowess and technical savvy resulting in a varied and substantial portfolio. Possesses a talent for creative problem solving, a strong desire to maintain client identity and brand integrity as well as grace under pressure. Maintains a broad range of print design skills including pre-press separation and package design, in addition to a wide range of digital and interactive skills.
SKILLS & PROFICIENCIES
Macintosh and PC platforms
Social media, Internet
2011 – 2016: FREELANCE DESIGNER
- Consulted and conceptualized branding and design for a range of companies representing a variety of business needs from national music labels Rounder Records and Concord Music, to local business including software support company Switchfast, massage therapy spa Muscular Therapy Works, restaurant Café Selmarie, construction company Twin Shores, fashion boutique Krista K and many more.
- Coordinated and produced, prepared and estimated concepts, delivered final and prepared files after multiple rounds of proofing and drafts within deadlines.
- Successfully designed logos for new businesses, developed websites for growing businesses, and sustained brand consistency for established businesses.
2004 – 2010: ROUNDER RECORDS, BURLINGTON, MA
America’s premier independent record label, specializing in traditional and roots-based music since 1970.
SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER September 2008 – December 2010
GRAPHIC DESIGNER January 2005 – September 2008
CREATIVE ART COORDINATOR April 2004 – January 2005
- Conceptualized and designed CDs, DVDs, LPs, books, and other packaging that work to define and illustrate the project, as well as exceed client and label expectations.
- Liaised with artist, management, and project management throughout design phase. Secured packaging elements from photographers, illustrators or additional outside resources.
- Devoted time management to concurrent projects while maintaining each client’s satisfaction.
- Designed, laid out, and produced engaging and effective promotional and marketing materials while navigating tight deadlines. Projects include advertising, catalogs and direct mail, logos and branding.
- Created and delivered POP marketing materials for releases including advances, inserts, radio singles, posters, postcards, stickers, tour merchandise, and samplers.
- Designed advertising materials in conjunction with product management and marketing and deliver ad schedule to publications as provided by marketing.
- Mentored junior designers and interns and ensured design work produced consistently matched a high level of quality and that all deadlines were met.
- Delivered meticulous mechanicals to separator and approved pre-press proofs, and maintained billing.
2002 – 2004: JOHN HANCOCK, BOSTON, MA
John Hancock provides leading insurance and financial services products including life insurance and mutual funds.
MARKETING ASSISTANT, Guaranteed & Stable Value Products Division
- Aided senior staff and executive GSVP sales associates with the creation, edits and production of presentations, letters, spreadsheets, tables and graphs.
- Monitored and calculated daily illustrative non-benefit responsive rates and distributed final results to co-workers, brokers and field representatives for use in quoting/selling financial products to clients.
- Managed office supplies and office technology including printers, copiers and scanners; answered phones for more than seven senior executives, as well as coordinated meetings between management and clients, including arranging location, travel accommodations.
- Processed all travel advance check requests, travel expense reports, and attendance; distributed incoming and outgoing mail; maintaining periodicals and journals database.
EDUCATION & AFFILIATIONS
University of Connecticut,
Fine Arts Bachelors Degree: Graphic Design Major / Art History Minor
Specialization in Graphic Design: coursework including Digital Multimedia, Photography,
Sculpture, Marketing, Advertising, Printmaking, Communications, Art History, English
- Web Development 8-week Bootcamp, Digital Bootcamp, Chicago IL, 2012
- Photoshop “Down & Dirty Tricks” in CS 4 and CS5 Seminar, Kelby Training, Boston MA, 2010
- Flash CS3 personal one-on-one training, levels I and II, Computer Images, Boston MA, 2009
- The Recording Academy: awarded Grammy®-voting membership, 2008 -2011
- Black & White Photography Summer Course, University of Hartford, Hartford CT, 1999
- FGIC Printshop Volunteer, Manchester CT, 1999 – 2002